William Brogley, Secretary
Denise Bruno, Alternate
Tyrone Parker, Alternate
Sherry Paup, Alternate
Richard D. Linderman., Solicitor
The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings and hearings of the Commission, decide all points of order or procedure and perform any duties required by law or the Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
The Secretary shall carry on at the direction of the Commission all official correspondence of the Commission, send out all notices required by law and the Civil Service Rules and Regulations, keep a record of each examination or other official action of the Commission and perform all other duties required by law or the Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
The following are duties/responsibilities of the Civil Service Commission:
- The Commission may amend, revise, void or replace the Civil Service Rules and Regulations for any reason by action of a majority of the Commission at any properly convened meeting of the Commission. Before any changes to the Rules and Regulations become effective, those changes must be approved by the Board of Commissioners of the Township.
- The Commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings and records of examinations and other official actions.
- The Commission shall have the power to make investigations concerning all matters relating to the administration and enforcement of the civil service provisions of the First Class Township Code and the Rules and Regulations. The Chairperson of the Commission is authorized to administer oaths and affirmations in connection with such investigations.
- The Commission shall have the power to issue subpoenas over the signature of the Chairperson to require the attendance of witnesses and the production of records and papers pertaining to any investigation or inquiry.
- The Commission shall make an annual report to the Board of Commissioners of the Township containing a brief summary of its work during the year and a full accounting of any expenditures of public monies.