Planning Commission Members
Elwood Taylor, Chairman
John Ungerman, Vice Chairman
John Bealer, Secretary
Michelle Reddick, Secretary
Donna Fabry, Montg. Co. Planning Consultant
The Planning Commission shall, at the request of the governing body, have the power and shall be required to:
- Prepare the comprehensive plan for the development of the municipality and present it for consideration of the governing body.
- Maintain and keep on file records of its action. All records and files of the Planning Commission shall be in the possession of the governing body.
The Planning Commission at the request of the governing body may:
- Make recommendations to the governing body concerning the adoption or amendment of an official map.
- Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a zoning ordinance, and make recommendations to the governing body on proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance.
- Prepare, recommend and administer subdivision and land development and planned residential development regulations.
- Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a building code and a housing code and make recommendations concerning proposed amendments thereto.
- Do such other acts or make such studies as may be necessary to fulfill the duties and obligations imposed by this act
- Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality an environmental study.
- Submit to the governing body of the municipality a recommended capital improvements program.
- Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a water survey, which shall consistent with the State Water Plan and any applicable water resources plan adopted by a river basin commission. The water survey shall be conducted in consultation with any public water supplier in the area to be surveyed.
- Promote public interest in, and understanding of, the comprehensive plan and planning.
- Make recommendations to governmental, civic and private agencies and individuals as to the effectiveness of the proposals of such agencies and individuals.
- Hold public hearings and meetings.
- Present testimony before any board.
- Require from other departments and agencies of the municipality such available information as relates to the work of the planning agency.
- In the performance of its functions, enter upon any land to make examinations and surveys with the consent of the owner;
- Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a study regarding the feasibility and practicability of using renewable energy sources in specific areas within the municipality.
- Review the zoning ordinance, subdivision and land development ordinance, official map, provisions for planned residential development, and such other ordinances and regulations governing the development of land no less frequently than it reviews the comprehensive plan.